Watching a baby starting to eat solid food is a fun thing to experience. Everything from the mess to the funny faces is something every parent should cherish. Yes, there will be something to clean after, and sometimes a bath is required, but it is something that a child should learn. How else is he or she going to learn if you do not go through it?
As a child gets older, you have the option of buying a high chair so that the baby can learn how to sit at the dinner table correctly. However, kids will always want to be treated as grown-ups, and a high chair keeps them too far away from the table. The parents do not like it either because they will always have something extra to clean. That is why your best option is to purchase a table booster seat. As a parent, you do not have something extra to clean, and the child will feel a part of the family at the big kid’s table.
What is a table booster seat?
Booster seats are the ones parents usually use in vehicles. However, a table booster seat is different. You have to place it on top of your regular dining room chair, and your child will sit on it to reach the dinner table as best as possible. The item is meant to provide a safe and secure seat while raising the chair’s height to the table level. You may not see the difference of a table booster seat from a high chair, but the fact is that the former will allow your child to sit and eat at the same table as you are.
The advantages of using a table booster seat
If you sit for a moment and analyze, you will see that there are multiple benefits to using a table booster seat and not a high chair. It is true that high chairs are a little bit more traditional, but that does not make them better. Here is why a table booster seat is an excellent addition to your home:
- Your child will feel like a part of your family – many people do not realize the importance of that aspect. Your child will sit right next to you at the dinner table; he or she will be part of the conversations (even if he or she can only talk gibberish), and psychologically speaking, that is amazing. Your baby will learn how to socialize and will listen carefully to everything you say. If you think about it, a table booster seat will provide multiple teaching moments in the future. It is far better than placing the kid in a high chair, far away from the table. He or she will feel excluded, and that is not good for his or her development. Believe it or not, social skills are a big part of the first years of education.
- The seat is just as safe as a high chair – usually, parents choose a high chair because they live under the impression that it is safer than a booster seat. That is not entirely accurate. Booster seats come with straps to keep your child safe and secure, and there is no chance for a fall. Your kid will be able to sit at the table without falling or injuries.
- It is cheaper than a high chair – that is not a rule, but usually, table booster seats are cheaper than high It is easy to understand why. For one, there are few materials used.
- It takes less space – a high chair will always sit around the dining room, but booster seat can be stored in a closet or cupboard because it is smaller.
- Portability – unlike high chairs, you can always take the table booster seat with you when you travel or go out at a restaurant. It comes in handy if the restaurant you are going to does not have an available high chair
- It can double up as a playtime seat – you can simply put it on the floor, and if the seat comes with a tray, your child will have the toys at hand.
Can my baby sit in a table booster seat?
That is a common question. Usually, booster seats are designed for toddlers or older kids who cannot reach the table just yet. However, nowadays you can find booster seats designed for infants as well. As long as your baby can sit up, you can buy a table booster seat. The new models come with adjustable height and a high backrest for more support.
What to consider when looking for the best table booster seat?
Before making a purchase, make sure that you take into consideration a few aspects. You cannot buy the first product you find because you may put your child at risk. Safety is the number one concern when it comes to booster seats. Here are a few other factors to consider.
- Adjustable backrest – this is not applicable if your child is at least a toddler. An adjustable backrest is suitable for infants who do not know how to sit up properly yet. The backrest needs to recline for more support. Otherwise, the baby may fall with his or her head on the table, which you do not want to happen. The more support, the better.
- Chair strap – the table booster seat will not be secure to the regular chair if it does not have a strap. Choose a model that comes with at least one strap so that you can secure the booster seat to the chair. If your child is old enough, you can ignore this factor as well. The strap is meant to prevent the booster seat from falling off the chair.
- Child strap – this is easy to look for. If you have an infant, you need a table booster chair with a five-point harness. For toddlers, a lap belt or a three-point harness will suffice, and big kids do not require a seat belt.
- Portability – I do not know about you, but I prefer foldable table booster seats. If you plan on traveling, such a seat provides excellent portability, and you do not have to worry about that aspect every time you eat out.
- Tray vs. no tray – if you want a tray with your table booster chair that is entirely up to you. However, I think that a tray will make the booster seat look like a high chair, and your child will still not be eating at the same table as you.
- Ease of cleaning – last but not least, you are supposed to clean the seat easily. That is if it needs cleaning at all. Table booster seats do not need the same amount of cleaning as high chairs, which is a big plus.
What are the best table booster seats?
If you feel confused because of the high number of table booster seat, below you will find three excellent suggestions that I think will be of help. The chosen models are high-quality products and have affordable prices.
Ingenuity Smartclean Toddler Booster
Ingenuity produces the first model I chose for you. It has a lovely design and will satisfy your baby’s needs. That way you can have your toddler at the dining table with the family, which will make everybody happy. The design is meant to accommodate toddlers who are over 16 months of age, and the maximum weight capacity is 50 pounds. At the same time, the seat looks stylish, and the foam seat insert makes it extremely comfortable.
The height of the booster seat is fully adjustable. That way you can set the correct height of your toddler so that he or she reaches the table properly. The foam insert adds another four inches, and without the insert, you can add only two. The chair straps are 30 inches long, and they are adjustable as well so that you can secure the seat to any dining chair you may have. The three-point harness will keep the child secure in his seat while eating.
As far as cleaning goes, this model is ideal for messy foods and cake smashes. You can either wipe it clean with a damp cloth, but if the seat gets really dirty, you can put it in the dishwasher. Portability is not an issue as the product is relatively small and very lightweight. It weighs only four pounds. You can find it in a variety of colors (the foam insert), and you can always find all sorts of covers to put over the seat. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
OXO Tot Perch Foldable Booster Seat for Big Kids
The booster seat from OXO is designed for big kids, which means three years or older. At that age, children are big enough not to require straps and harnesses, but not big enough to reach the table as they would want. However, this model is specially designed with that aspect in mind. That way your child will feel a part of the family and eat the dinner table just like everyone else.
One of the best things about this table booster seat is that it features a collapsible design. Once your child finishes eating, you can just fold it down and store it in a small space. Not to mention that the seat is easily transportable. You can take it with you everywhere you want to go. The integrated handle will help with that.
As I mentioned before, this table booster seat does not come with straps to secure it in place on the chair. However, it features non-skid feet that will keep it in place. That way your child will be safe at the table. As for the cleaning process, this item is effortless to clean. It has a removable soft skin urethane cushion that is stain-resistant. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
Graco Blossom Booster Seat
You may have already heard of Graco. It is a manufacturer that produces various baby products, and it does one hell of a job. Most of their products are highly appreciated because they are made of high-quality materials, and the prices are more than affordable. This table booster seat is no different. It is made of superior plastic, and the quality-price ratio is excellent.
You can use this table booster seat as soon as your child begins to sit up on his or her own, and you can keep using it until the kid turns three years old or reaches a weight of 50 pounds. That is the maximum weight capacity the seat has. The three-point harness will keep the child safe and secure.
One of the features customers appreciate is that the back insert is removable, which means that your child can use this when he or she gets older and does not require a harness anymore. The chair straps will keep the seat in place to prevent slides and falls. With this table booster seat, your kid will feel like a part of the family, and you will share many pleasant memories around the dinner table. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
I believe that all three products are extremely useful, and your child will benefit from whichever you choose. However, my number one recommendation is Ingenuity Smartclean Toddler Booster. It seems to me that it is more comfortable than the other two models. It is safe, and your child will benefit a great deal from using it. That is why I believe it is one of the best table booster seats you can find.
There are many things you may not be aware of, and if you did not know until now that sitting at the grown-ups table is beneficial for your child…well, now you know. That is why I think it is important for your kid’s development to invest in the best table booster seat you can find. You can choose whichever model you want. At the end of the day, they all have the same effect of including your child at the family dinner table. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Vital Pieces of Clip on Highchair
- The Do This, Get That Guide On Booster Seat for Eating
- Where to Find Booster Seat Table
- The Basics of Hook on Highchair
- Best Toddler Car Seat Reviews & Guide
- What the Pros Aren’t Saying About Booster Seat for Dining Chair and What This Means For You
- Best Booster Seats 2015 Help!
- What the Experts Are Not Saying About Dining Booster Seat and How It Affects You
- Toddler Booster Seat for Table Help!
- The Argument About Booster High Chair
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Portable High Chair Seat and What You Should Do Today
- The Most Forgotten Fact Regarding Toddler Dining Chair Exposed
- The Hidden Facts About Portable Booster Seat Uncovered by an Old Pro
- The Key to Successful Booster Seat High Chair
- Definitions of Toddler High Chair
- Buying Best Infant Car Seat
- The Number One Question You Must Ask for High Chair for Baby
- The Key to Successful Booster Seat Dining
- Secret Info About High Chair Booster Seat Only the Pros Know Exist
- The Feeding Booster Seat Game
- Buying Best Car Seats
- Chair Booster Seat for Dummies
- Why People Aren’t Talking About Table Booster Seat
- The Truth About Portable High Chair
- The Good, the Bad and Baby Feeding Chair
- The Nuiances of Wooden High Chair
- A Easy Trick for Best Booster Seats Uncovered
- The Tried and True Method for Best Convertible Car Seat in Step by Step Detail
- Here’s What I Know About Feeding Chair
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Travel High Chair and How to Avoid It
- Ideas, Formulas and Shortcuts for Booster Seat for Table
- The Honest to Goodness Truth on Best High Chair
- Know What the Experts Think About Baby Chair
- Baby High Chair: No Longer a Mystery
- New Questions About High Chair Answered and Why You Must Read Every Word of This Report